Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall Festival



Last night was our church fall Festival. I took some friends of ours kids because the dad had to go to SLC for chemo. I ended up with 8 kids, it really wasn't bad at all. The kids were all really good and I think they all had fun. They had different activities for the kids. There was face painting, bingo, fishing, popcorn and a picture station. They also could vote on carved pumpkins. The girls and I did 2 different pumpkins. One of them won 1st place. I was really surprised and excited. They also did a chili cook-off and I won 3rd place with my chili. It was a recipe that I had never tried before. I looked up 2 different recipes and called E and told him the ingredients and we decided on the same recipe, turns out it was a really good one. I never win anything, so to win 2 things in one night I was shocked. Not to mention I will probably never win another thing in my life. It was a really good time.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I was way impressed with your super cute pumpkins!! Brag it up, you deserve it!!

Katyakaye said...

Oh my.. You have posted a lot.. And have been very busy.. Very nice to see you guys having fun.. And all the cakes you made were all very good. And your pupkins looked great.