Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Crazy things we do for food.



Ernie and I watch Food TV all the time. There is a show on that station called "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives”. Guy Fieri goes around the country eating at all of these really good places and makes a show out of it. There was a show where they showed the Burger Bar in Roy, UT (about 3 ½ hours from where we live). It raved about how good these hamburgers were. We wanted to eat there so bad after watching it. We recorder it and showed our friends Josh and Liz, when they went to visit his mom they called to say they were going to go eat there. We were so jealous. They ended up not going so we made a day of it and all went together. I’ve got to say they were pretty good hamburgers. I think what made them so good was the homemade hamburger buns. I would recommend to anyone who is that way to stop and try it. I am looking forward to the little red riding hood next year since it is really close to The Burger Bar. I know what I am eating the night before the ride and maybe after, ha,ha.
This isn’t the first time Ernie and I have done this. Rachel Ray does a show called “$40 a Day” and when we lived in Texas she did a show in Austin, TX (again about 3 ½ hours away) it had this BBQ place called Salt lick BBQ that we just had to try. What can I say we love food.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You guys are awesome!! Paul, Drake and I used to live in Sunset (right by Roy, UT). I drove past Burger Barn everyday for work in Riverdale. Yummy place!! I think we only ate there once though.