I recently did a bike ride with my dad and nephew Josh.
Day 1- Breckenridge to Frisco 8.96 miles. It was a short ride but was beautiful. When we got down into Frisco the campground we were going to stay at was closed so we go into the car and drove 50 miles to find a campground.
Day 2- Frisco to Vail 23.9 miles ( Ride time 2:14:49, Avg. Speed 10.63, max speed 33.3) We rode up Vail pass (altitude 10662 Ft) We had planned on riding more but as we were coming into Vail I had a little wreck and I broke the front shifting cable so I had to find someone who could fix it for me. The campground we were going to stay at was closed also. We drove down into Glenwwodsprings to stay there.
Day 3- Vail to Glenwoodsprings 63.72 miles (RT 4:54:48, AS 12.96) Mom drove us back to Vail so we could do this stretch. We rode along the Colorado River. it was beautiful. We had one flat tire and I wrecked AGAIN. Josh and I went to the HotSprings pool. The water was really warm and sure helped with my sore back and elbow which I hurt in the wreck.
Day 4- We rode from Glenwoodsprings to Rifle 32.13 miles (RT 2:24:01, AS13.38) and then we drove to Vernal and rode from Vernal to Roosevelt, UT 36.34 miles (RT 2:47:18, AS 13.03. Max speed 39.86)
No comments:
Post a Comment