Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WHAT A SUMMER

This is going to be a long post. I haven't blogged all summer and I think it was the summer of all summers. I feel very blessed to have been able to do all that we did.

My summer started out with a wonderful trip to Jamaica. Ernie and I went for our 15 year anniversary. We went with a brother of mine and his wife. I had an amazing time. I really didn't do much at all except for relax on the beach. I did have 3 massages while I was there. I had one massage that was called a 4 handed massage and it lasted for an hour. I was in love. Ernie was able to go scuba diving 8 times. The last time we went Ernie and my brother got certified so they go as often as possible. The one thing that I did do while I was there was a power walk and I think it almost KILLED me.I have got to get in shape.

View from our room

The Scuba Boys

While we were in Jamaica Meagan and Nora got to stay with Ernie's Grandparents, that was a special time for the kids. Audrey stayed with one of my sisters because she was going to girls camp for part of the time and it was going to be easier for n to get her back and forth.
After we got back from Jamaica I spent a week in Dixon to help a friend move into her new house. I was glad to be able to help and I really enjoyed our late night conversations. One thing is for sure I will not be moving her food storage again any time soon.
After helping her move I came home for a week and then we were off to Florida for a family reunion. We really had a blast. We spent time on the beach, the girls got burned of course, I can't seem to ever keep that from happening. Next year it is swim shirts for everyone. We were able to go out on Grandpa's boat. We went out to a little island where the girls were able to fins all kinds of neat shells and sea life. We saw a star fish, horseshoe crab,sand dollars and sea urchin, we even found 2whole urchin shells, all though only one survived the trip home. We watched fireworks on the beach, I think it was the most impressive fireworks display I have ever saw. You could look down the coast line in both directions and see fireworks as far as you could see. I was beautiful. I really wish I would have had my video camera. Or my camera for that matter.
There is always some sort of game involved in a Johnson family reunion, usually it is horseshoes but this year it was Corn Hole(you have 2 teams with 2 players, you have 4 bean bags per team and 2 wood boxes with a hole in them and are layed at a slant, Object of the game is to get your bean bag in the hole or on the top of the box). After 2 days of playing Bob lost his partner and asked if I would be his new partner. At first I wasn't sure I going to ever be able to make the bean bag on the box let alone in the hole. It turned out to be a fun game and I didn't do so bad if I say so myself. We won the first 3 games we played. It is always a fun time when the Johnson's get together. .
Bob and Ernie playing corn hole

After we got back from Florida we spent 2 weeks at home and then the girls and I were off on another adventure. We went to Utah for 9 days. The girls were able to spend time with friends in our old neighborhood and some of their friends from school. I was able to see some friends too. We stayed the first half of our trip at the Clark's and I think Lily loved it. She has always loved Meagan and I think she still does. She wanted to go everywhere with Meagan, she even slept with her every night. One night she fell asleep in the car and so Liz put her in her bed and she woke up in the night and said I want to sleep with Meagan, so off she went down stairs to snuggle up with Meagan, it was really sweet. While we were there we made some yummy chocolate desserts. We made a chocolate mousse and frozen hot chocolates. We also were able to go to the pancake breakfast and the Altomont parade where we ran in to more friends. We spent the second half of our trip with the Spencer's. The kids had a camp out the first night we were there. They slept in a tent in the back yard. I got to sleep in the Jungle themed room, when I turned out the lights the ceiling lit up with stars. It was like I was sleeping under the stars. The kids tried to sleep in the tent one other night but while the were out there one of the kids got bit by something and so that ended that, they ended up camping out on the living room floor. I am grateful for all of our friends and really appreciated your hospitality.

After we got home we had some visitors. The Bowling's came for a visit and we were able to go to a Tulsa Drillers vs. Springfield Cardinals ball game. I had a great time and was glad that we could spend time with great friends. It was kinda funny most of the Bowling's wore cardinal t-shirts, it was a good game and there was a really impressive fireworks display after the game. Oh yeah the cardinals won, so most of us were happy.



On Saturday we went to a company picnic. There was food, cotton candy, snow cones, face painting, bingo, moon bounces, a band and lots of gifts. The planning committee did a great job. I am grateful for Ernie's job. Ernie is on the planning committee this year and he is in charge of a kids party. I think it will be fun.







I have really enjoyed summer and i am not ready for school to start. I have enjoyed all of the time I have spent with my girls this summer, I will miss them during the day when they go back to school. I hope they know how much I love them. I hope this summer made memories for all of us.
I forgot a couple of things we did this summer. The girls and I spent a couple of days at my moms to visit with some of the girls cousins. It had been quite some time since they had the opportunity to spend time with one another.
We went to Silver Dollar City with Ernie's Mom, Lee, and Angel. We found a whole section that we never knew existed.
Also while we were in Utah Audrey decided to cut her hair and donate it to lock of love. I can't believe how much older it made her look. I really like it short, I'm not sure what she thinks of it.

Before


After

1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have such a fun summer! We definitely enjoyed having you guys at our house! We missed Ernie though. Love you guys!